Symbology Operations & Strategic Growth Manager
Symbology is an ethical fashion label founded in 2012 by Marissa Heyl to make fair trade sexy. We partner with women artisans worldwide to create handcrafted, fashion forward garments and home decor for the U.S. market.
The Operations & Strategic Growth Manager is responsible for increasing revenues with wholesale accounts and direct sales nationwide. She is responsible for strategizing and implementing tasks to reach quarterly sales targets set by Symbology. The Manager will oversee the Sales Representative and intern teams to implement strategies and ensure tasks are completed according to deadlines.
Symbology is a small startup that thrives on robust, creative input from our team members. The candidate must wear many hats, be adaptable and entrepreneurial in the dynamic and challenging work environment of a startup company. We seek someone who is passionate about ethical fashion, proactive, and willing to take on a diverse range of roles within the sales and marketing framework.
Main areas of focus
A. Strategic Growth + Sales
- Create strategies to ensure repeat sales from existing wholesale accounts and add new wholesale accounts
- Develop strategies to make Symbology an easy and desirable company to do business for all accounts. Manage complete account relationship by periodic outreach, gather feedback on which items are selling well and which are not and provide feedback to creative team when required, resolve any account issues
- Ensure quarterly sales targets are met for both existing accounts and new accounts
- Create strategies to repeat orders from existing customers and add new customers
- Oversee daily operations with CEO
- Responsible for coordinating with fulfillment center for both wholesale and direct sale
- Supply Chain: Coordinate with sales reps and CEO to ensure orders are placed at
- Manage daily operations while Marissa is abroad with artisan groups
- Categorize expenses
- Issue Quarterly Reports to ensure company sales goals are met and cash flow is healthy
- Work with CPA to file taxes
- Mastery of Excel and other Microsoft programs required
- Master of organization and planning a huge plus
- Working knowledge of Quickbooks a plus
- A penchant for analytical problem-solving
- Familiarity with email marketing and e-commerce software