Sales and Operations Manager
The Sales and Operations Manager will oversee business operations, from initiating sales to order fulfillment. The Manager is responsible for designing and implementing sales strategy for both wholesale and online sales in addition to overseeing the execution and fulfillment of sales contracts. This role requires planning and managing multiple projects simultaneously. Role may be split into two part-time positions depending upon candidate qualifications.
Symbology is an ethical fashion label founded in 2012 by Marissa Heyl to merge traditional textile arts with modern silhouettes. We partner with women artisans worldwide to create handcrafted, fashion forward garments and home decor for the U.S. market.
Symbology is a small startup that thrives on robust, creative input from our team members, and as such the candidate must wear many hats, be adaptable and entrepreneurial in the dynamic work environment of a startup company. We seek someone who is passionate about ethical fashion, proactive, and willing to take on a diverse range of roles within the sales and marketing framework.
- Design and execute strategies to ensure repeat sales from existing wholesale accounts and add new wholesale accounts
- Manage a small team of independent wholesale representatives
- Assign new accounts to appropriate representative based on region
- Process orders
- Act as main point of contact, communicating inventory levels, timelines and promotional events
- Ensure representatives have tools needed in order to be successful
- Service existing wholesale accounts not covered by other regional reps, gathering feedback and strengthening customer relationships.
- Prospect and pitch new accounts, with a focus on larger retailers (tiered commission offered)
- Create pricing strategy
- Ensure the execution and delivery of all sales contracts.
- Compile pre-orders and prepare purchase order for supplier; manage supplier relationships, particularly as it relates to payment and production
- Invoice wholesale customers, process payment, and fulfill items.
- Maintain accurate and organized inventory
- Administrative tasks as needed
- Communicate with Accountant to ensure constructive communication and books are in order at the end of each month
- Oversee customer service inquiries, returns and exchange processes
- Monthly and Quarterly sales goals and data tracking
- Project management
- Sales and client relationship skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Detail Oriented
- Ability to work and adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Business administration
- Client relationship/ sales experience
- Experience managing projects
- Entrepreneurial mindset
Preference given to candidates in the Dallas Fort Worth area. Full or Part Time candidates will be considered. Flexibility to work in office and from home.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Sales and Operations Manager in the subject line.