Our dream of having a sustainable boutique is finally coming to fruition! We’ve teamed up with the incredible bossbabes photographed here to launch Etico, DFW’s first sustainable collective boutique. Etico will feature 9 women-owned, DFW-based brands that share our passion for people + the planet. The Instagram-meets-art-museum-
Etico aims to become DFW’s premier destination for sustainable shopping, featuring trend forward clothing, accessories and gifts that each tell a story of empowerment. Every item is handcrafted by artists--both local and global--who put people and planet at the forefront of their designs.
- Interactive shopping experience that connects women creators with customers
- Special events in-store centered on living a sustainable lifestyle
- Collaborative business model centered on shared success for DFW women
The grand opening will be on Friday, Nov. 8 from 10am-8pm and Saturday, Nov. 9 from 12pm-8pm. It will be open to the public with a Bellini Bar and brand giveaways every hour.
About Etico | A Sustainable Collective | www.eticoshop.com
Etico is an ethical boutique featuring DFW-based, women-owned brands focused on people + planet. Etico exclusively features brands that source sustainable materials and pay workers livable wages with a focus on showcasing the artistry and craftsmanship that go into creating each of the handmade pieces.
Etico is located is 1455 W Magnolia Ave. in Fort Worth, Texas.
Every Item Tells a Story
Every item at Etico is handcrafted by women artists, transporting customers to India, Kenya, Guatemala and the Middle East— and even Denton and McKinney.
Experiential Retail: Connecting Creator with Customer
The space merges elements of art museum with specialty boutique and the warmth of a cafe to create a unique space centered on women and sustainability. It interjects elements of Instagram— anchored iPads showcase the creative process behind each item, a selfie mural painted by a local artist and inspirational quotes on the wall--to create an interactive shopping experience that connects creator with customer.
Interactive shopping experience:
Collaborative Business Model with Women at Core
Etico is based on a collaborative business model with a novel notion at its core--shared success. Forty percent of businesses are women-owned in 2019, but only 7 percent of them secure funding from Venture Capital. Heyl started Etico as a platform to grow the partner businesses at a lower financial risk without having to seek outside funding.
- Symbology Printed Dresses, Jumpsuits and Jackets | https://symbologyclothing.com/
- Luna Antigua Embroidered Blouses + Children’s Dresses | https://lunaantigua.com/collections/all
- Darzah Embroidered Shoes | https://www.darzah.org/collections/shoes
- Jimani Jewelry + Home Decor | https://jimanicollections.com/collections/all
- Lovestruck Candles | http://www.thelovestruckco.com/shop
- Bred & Butter Stationary + Cards | http://bredbutterpaper.com/
- 2nd Kind Organic Skincare | https://2ndkind.com/collections
- AllieJaymes Leather Bags | https://www.alliejaymes.com/
- **Featured Holiday Popup** Deena Abdul Handbags | https://deenaabdul.com/
- **Featured Holiday Popup** Oh Bases Lipbalm | https://www.ohbases.com/
Other Women Featured @ Etico
- Artist Kate Stipp | https://www.katestipp.com/
- Patisserie chef Sayda Rapalo from Quixote Bakery, named Yelp's Top 100 nationwide destinations in 2019 | https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Texas-Teachers-Dream-Becomes-a-Yelp-Must-Try_Dallas-Fort-Worth-511647682.html